refractive eye surgery
Lasik which stands for laser-assisted in-situ keratomileusis is also known as laser eye surgery. This is a surgical procedure that involves the use of a laser to correct eyesight conditions such as myopia, hyperopia, and astigmatism.
Lasik is a non-invasive eye surgery that reshapes the inner cornea. The aim is to focus images correctly on the retina to improve a patient’s vision.
Lasik helps people enjoy their everyday activities without corrective lenses. Carolinas Eye Center provides quality yet affordable Lasik surgery procedures in Charlotte.
Exceptional Lasik Treatment in Charlotte
Are you tired of fumbling around your eyeglasses?
Are your contact lenses getting uncomfortable?
At Carolinas Eye Center, we use the VISX Star S4 Excimer Laser System in providing exceptional Lasik procedures. This laser system has an Iris Registration (IR) component that provides customized and accurate laser ablation.
Our Lasik procedures follow these three simple steps:
1. Eye Consultation:
- During this step, Dr. Wesley Clement will ask some questions to get a better understanding of the current condition of your eyes. You can also ask him questions that may be relevant about your eye care needs. During the consultation, there may be a need to perform an eye test. You may be advised to remove your contacts during an eye test when you are wearing them for optimum test results.
2 .Preoperative Evaluation:
- In this step, the tests that you have undergone will be evaluated. During the preoperative evaluation, Dr. Clement will recommend Lasik if you are qualified for the treatment.
- Lasik candidates should be at least 18 years of age. Pregnant and nursing moms are advised to delay the Lasik procedure until she has given birth or until further recommendations of her gynecologist. Patients with eye disease should not also undergo Lasik treatment.
- Carolinas Eye Center introduces the new “iDesign” wavescan aberometer for more accurate refractive measurements resulting in more accurate results. To learn more about the iDesign click on the link: https://www.jjvision.com/press-release/johnson-johnson-vision-launches- next-generation-personalized-lasik-treatment-idesign
- LASIK is being performed with the newer designed “Moria One Plus microkeratome” which gives the capability of a thinner flap creation.
3. Surgery Day:
- Our Lasik treatment is deemed safe, fast, precise, and effective. Lasik is an excellent option for patients with myopia, hyperopia, and astigmatism.
- ”You may be advised to remove your contacts during an eye test when you are wearing them for optimum test results.”
- Dr. Clement will also provide you with tips and guidelines on how to care for your eyes after a Lasik procedure.
For the best Lasik provider in Charlotte, visit Carolinas Eye Center. You may also contact us at 704-510-3100 and schedule a consultation today