XEOMIN® Charlotte, NC
What is Juvéderm Ultra XC?
Juvéderm Ultra XC is a type of dermal filler. Approved by the FDATrusted Source in 2010, it’s primarily used to treat facial wrinkles and to increase lip fullness.
Each injection contains a gel-like material made of water, hyaluronic acid (HA), and lidocaine, a local anesthetic. HA is designed to plump up your skin by increasing volume from underneath.
This treatment is intended for adults.
- Juvéderm Ultra XC is a dermal filler containing hyaluronic acid, water, and lidocaine.
- It’s primarily used for the treatment of lip lines and thinning lips.
- The active ingredients in Juvéderm Ultra XC are well-tolerated. Minor side effects include post-treatment pain, swelling, and bruising.
- Allergic reactions are rare.
- More serious side effects include scarring and infections.
- Juvéderm injections are relatively quick. These can take as little as half an hour for the lip area.
- You don’t need to take time off work for this procedure. No recovery time is required.
- The national average is $750 per treatment. Your cost can vary based on treatment provider, region, and number of injections needed.
- Results are immediate and can last for up to one year.
Procedure for Juvéderm Ultra XC
- little prep and aftercare is required for each injection. The total time spent depends on how many injections you’re getting. The procedure may take up to one hour.
- Since Juvéderm contains lidocaine, your treatment provider won’t need to apply a topical anesthetic to your skin before the injections. They might cleanse your skin first, and then inject the product into the target areas.
- You shouldn’t feel any pain at all. Instead, you might feel slight pressure and tingling as the product is injected.
- Once the injections are completed, you can leave
Targeted areas for Juvéderm Ultra XC
- Juvéderm Ultra XC is primarily used for the treatment of laugh lines or smile lines, which are the wrinkles that develop along the sides of your mouth. This type of injection can also be used for lip augmentation.
- If you’re looking for treatment of wrinkles under the eyes or in the cheeks, your
doctor might recommend another type of Juvéderm injection